Afterpay allows retailers to offer installment plans for online shoppers, allowing a purchase to be paid for in four installments, due every 2 weeks.
Simply shop with one of your favorite stores found in the Shop Directory and choose Afterpay as your payment method at checkout. First-time shoppers provide payment details as usual, returning shoppers simply log in to make their purchase. It’s that easy!
After you check out, the goods will be shipped to you by the retailer. At any time, you can log in to your Afterpay account to see your payment schedule and make a payment before the due date. Otherwise we will automatically take the money from your AMEX, debit or credit card on your payment due dates.
Please Note: Afterpay does not approve 100% of orders. We are committed to ensuring we support responsible spending.
When determining which orders to approve, we consider a number of different factors. As an example, the longer you have been a shopper using Afterpay and the more orders you have successfully repaid, the more likely you will be able to spend more.
Things to consider:
- are there sufficient funds on your card (generally we look to see the first installment amount available to spend)
- length of time you have been using Afterpay (tighter in the first 6 weeks)
- amount you have to repay, it may help to pay some off (not a guarantee)
- the value of the order you are trying to place, it may help to reduce the value of your shopping cart (not a guarantee)
- the number of orders you currently have 'open' with us (not a guarantee)
Whilst we know it can be frustrating to not know exactly how much you can spend each time or how many active orders you can have, our rules and approval process help Afterpay responsibly offer a completely free service to shoppers.